Direct & Indirect Narration, Maharashtra Board, Previous Years' Questions, Practice Exercise


1.         “Where are you going?” he asked. “Pune, Sir, my husband is starting a company                          called Infosys and I’m shifting to Pune.” (Change into Indirect Narration)

Ans:     He asked me where I was going. I respectfully told him that I was going to Pune. I                               further told him that my husband was starting a company called Infosys and I was   shifting                 to Pune.

2.         Teacher : “How far is your home from your college?”
            Rupali : More than 2 km Sir.

Ans:     Teacher asked Rupali how far her home was from her college. Rupali respectfully replied                     that it was more than 2 km.

3.         Mother said, “Sunita, what did you buy from the market?”
            She said, “I bought a dictionary.”

Ans:     Mother asked Sunita what she had bought from the market. Thereupon she replied that                         she had bought a dictionary.

4.         “Boys”, said the tutor, “sit on the benches. I have got something interesting for you.”

Ans:     The tutor told the boys to sit on the benches and added that he had got something                                  interesting for them.

5.         “How did you enjoy your college picnic?” said Mohini to Meena.
            “It was wonderful. I can never forget it.”

Ans:     Mohini asked Meena how she had enjoyed her college picnic. Thereupon, Meena   replied                   that, it was wonderful and she could never forget it.

6.         “Why did you throw it away?” said the father to his son.
            “I didn’t like it, said the son.

Ans:     The father asked his son why he had thrown it away. Thereupon the son replied that he                         hadn’t liked it.

7.         I whispered to him hesitantly, “Could you stay here for a day?” Gandhiji said, “It is                     very difficult.

Ans:    Whispering hesitantly I asked Gandhiji if he could stay there for a day. Thereupon he                           replied that it was very difficult.

8.         I asked Granny, “Why do these snakes have to lose their skin?

Ans:     I asked Granny why those snaked had to lose their skin.

9.         “What do you want?” he said to her. “Give me a glass of water,” said she.

Ans:     He asked her what she wanted. Thereupon, she asked him to give her a glass of water.

10.       The teacher took him to task: “Why don’t you ply your books with more care?” He                      replied: “My interests aren’t confined to books alone.”

Ans:     The teacher took him to task and asked why he didn’t ply his books with more care.                              Thereupon he replied that his interests weren’t confined to books alone.

11.       “Would you like to come with us to a service in the Maori Church?” asked my                               hostess. “Indeed, I would,” I replied.

Ans:     My hostess asked me if I would like to go with them to a service in the Maori Church.                         Thereupon I replied that I would like to go.

12.       “How did you prepare for your exam?” asked the teacher.
            “I practised writing of answers to the key questions” said Ruby.

Ans:     The teacher asked Ruby how she had prepared for her exam. Thereupon Ruby       answered                 that she had practised writing of answers to the key questions.

13.       “What are we going to do about that bloody eagle?” he asked Carter.

Ans:     He asked Carter what they were going to do about that bloody eagle.

14.       The Violet said, “What an unfortunate flower am I among there flowers!”

Ans:     The Violet exclaimed that she was an unfortunate flower among those flowers.

15.       “Father”, he said, “Tell me honestly. Do you think I can ever be a doctor?”

Ans:     He asked his father to tell him honestly if he thought he could ever be a doctor.

16.       “Where did you find your lost ring, Neha?” said Saniya.

Ans:     Saniya asked Neha where she had found her lost ring.

17.       “Something is burning”, said the man. “Can you smell it, Vinay?”

Ans:     The man said that something was burning and asked Vinay if he could smell it.
18.       “Brush your teeth and gargle with a mouthwash after every meal,” said the dentist to                   Meena. “I will make it my habit”, said Meena.

Ans:     The dentist advised Meena to brush her teeth and gargle with a mouthwash after every                         meal. Thereupon Meena assured the dentist that she would make it her habit.

19.       “I did not come to college, yesterday.” Lata said to the teacher.

            Lata told her teacher that she had not gone college the previous day.

20.       “Who are you and what are you doing here?” she asked him. “I am a painter and I am                 drawing pictures on my pitcher.

Ans:     She asked him who he was and what he was doing there. Thereupon he replied that he                         was a painter and he was drawing pictures on his pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CBSE ENGLISH CORE CLASS XII MCQs

                          Qu es t io n Ba n k     C l a...